Youth Development Officer
Job Title:Gala Rugby Youth Development Officer
Location:Netherdale, Nether Road, Galashiels TD1 3HE
Working Hours:37.5 hrs per week (flexibility required).
Salary:Salary dependent on skills and experience.
To Apply:Application is by CV with a covering letter (no more than 500 words) outlining why your unique set of skills, experience and qualifications make you an ideal candidate for this role to: By e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org By mail: Director of Rugby, Netherdale, Nether Road, Galashiels TD1 3HE
Closing date:Closing date Friday 18th June
In partnership with Scottish Rugby, Gala Rugby seek to appoint a Youth Development Officer to maintain and develop rugby within the local community with some responsibility for all school levels from Primary through Secondary, working in partnership with local schools, Local Authority and Scottish Rugby.
Gala Rugby is situated in the heart of the Scottish Borders and has almost 150 years of rugby history. The club has unparalleled facilities and a close relationship with Galashiels Academy which is programmed to be redeveloped with more facilities in the next two to three years. The club already has a large and vibrant primary section (Mini-Maroons), girls section (Vixens) U15/U16 team (Gala Red Triangle) and U18 team (Gala Wanderers). As a result of positive changes to the club organisation all players and age grades are part of Gala Rugby which creates an unhindered pathway to senior rugby from primary level.
This is an exciting opportunity to help in the long term growth and sustainability of a major rugby centre in Scotland by ensuring that increased participation, skills development and culture is fully embedded in our youth setup.
Key Objectives of the Role:
· Drive increase in participation at all youth levels inclusive of boys and girls
· Drive increase in performance at all youth levels
· Collaborate with Director of Rugby and Conveners of Youth Rugby, Mini and Girls Rugby (Vixens) to deliver a long-term player development programme throughout the community with a particular focus of transitioning into mini, from mini to U13, and from youth players to senior rugby
· Short, medium- and long-term planning and delivery of rugby programme including rugby coaching, matches, referees
· Co-ordinate and develop rugby programmes for primary schools in Galashiels and the surrounding district in line with local and national directives
· Planning and competency development of all youth coaches including coordinating coach education and mentoring programme
· Collaborating with volunteers, schools, club coaches, Scottish Rugby, local employers and other external resources to leverage delivery of the programme
· Managing and coordinating volunteer coaches, and other available specialist coaching resources
· Implementing rigour around KPI setting, measuring and reporting to stakeholders and funding partners
· Working closely with the Scottish Rugby regional manager and in partnership with the local stakeholders to ensure alignment with Scottish Rugby’s strategic objectives
· Creating rugby memories with a strong culture and opportunity for team building (including Easter/summer camps)
· Supporting the development of a sustainable club to provide members, coaches, volunteers and players a consistently great community experience.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
You will be qualified to UKCC Level 2 or better and preferably have S&C qualifications. You will have previous coaching experience and good leadership, communication and motivational skills to work proactively with players, club coaches, parents and volunteers, plus school and club officials. A full driving license is essential. The successful applicant will be PVG checked and will also undertake training as required for this role including first aid training.
For more information, or to apply please email or send a cover letter and CV to Gala Rugby, Netherdale, Nether Road, Galashiels TD1 3HE or by email to email@example.com closing date Friday 18th June